A five-day certification training is provided. Training includes classroom, self-study, and an in-facility visit. Find training dates for your area:
Trainings are held from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Attendess must be present for the full duration of the training to advance to certification.
- January 9, 10, 16, 17 and 31, 2019 – Eugene
- February 5, 6, 7, 12 and 13, 2019 – Grants Pass
- February 5, 6, 12, 13 and 26, 2019 – Multnomah/Clackamas Counties
- April 17, 18, 19, 24, day 5 TBA, 2019 - Tigard
- May 7, 8, 14, 15 and 28, 2019 – Marion County
Future training dates and locations are currently being determined and will be based on applicant interest. If there are at least three qualified candidates in an area, we will try to arrange a training in that location. Please contact our office and/or submit your application as soon as possible if you are interested in becoming a Certified Ombudsman Volunteer.
If you would like more information about volunteering or to be notified of trainings or events in your area, sign up here.
Sorry, at this time there are no weekend or evening trainings.
To view or download an information packet click here.