As a volunteer Certified Ombudsman with the RFO program you will receive initial and ongoing training and support in providing advocacy services to individuals in your community.
Through regular visits to individuals in their homes, identifying and responding to concerns to finding a solution to each individual issue, you will have an immediate and positive impact on the quality of life of an individual and your community.
- Visit homes on a regular basis at times convenient for you
- Identify, respond to, investigate and resolve concerns of individuals
- Educate individuals and those in their support system regarding individual rights
- Support individuals in their self-advocacy efforts and exercising choice
- Play an important role in identifying and improving quality of life issues
Currently, we are recruiting for individuals interested in participating in our pilot training program to become volunteer certified ombudsman in the following counties: Coos/Curry, Josephine, Douglas, Klamath, Hood River, Wasco, Jefferson, Umatilla, Wallowa and Union.